Anaesthesia – We Watch over you at Park-Klinik Birkenwerder/Berlin!
In our centre Park-Klinik Birkenwerder, we have a permanent staff of anaesthetists, who have many years of professional experience. Therefore, many surgeries can be done in conscious sedation, which is gentle on the patient.
It goes without saying that it is important for us that you meet your anaesthetist, build a trustful relationship and have a personal discussion with him.
However, anaesthesia is only one part of your anaesthetist’s care for you. He does not only take care of your calm and comfortable sleep during the surgical intervention, but has also other tasks:
- do a physical examination and the informed consent discussion prior to the planned surgery
- assess any possibly required prior examinations
- monitor and control all important bodily functions during and after surgery
- do assisted respiration if required for that specific type of surgery
- prescribe appropriate drug administration directly after surgery
- doctor’s round post-surgery to inform herself/himself about your individual needs
In your initial consultation with the surgeon, you will be already informed about a possibly necessary anaesthesia. For this purpose, you will receive a questionnaire. Please read it and fill it in thoroughly. Should you already have any questions about an anaesthetic procedure at that point in time, an anaesthetist is available for you at all times. We do not want you to be unclear or anxious about anything.
In some cases, it is necessary to make an appointment with the anaesthetist for a physical and personal consultation, some time before the surgery. This applies, in particular, if you have any pre-existing conditions. Your surgeon will inform you about it early on. Should you take medication, please let us know in good time.
Individual consultation about the anaesthesia
Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to schedule a personal consultation with us. Please call us or use the contact form.